Monday, May 24, 2010

Manitou Springs and Other Nifty Things

We ventured down to the historic town of Manitou Springs this past weekend.  Manitou is a nifty little town full of nifty little shops and nifty places to eat.  It's also full of hippies and metaphysical new-age notions. It's a great little town to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there.  (These pictures have been copied from the internet.  I didn't really want to walk down the street taking pictures of folks lest I be mistaken for a Japanese tourist.)




                                                              We ate at the Stagecoach Inn.


Buck dined on salmon and I feasted on buffalo pot roast (I have become a big fan of buffalo meat).  I also stepped out on the wild side and tried Rocky Mountain Oysters (bull's testicles for those who may not know).  They are fried and served with cocktail sauce - and taste surprisingly like real oysters.  I found them to be quite yummy.




We toured the nifty shops after dinner and Buck bought me some lovely silver and turquoise hand made jewelry.We ventured into one hippie shop that was blaring Janis Joplin music and stocked all sorts of interesting vintage items.  Buck said it was like taking a walk down memory lane. :)   I actually saw quite a few things that I liked.  Buck keeps telling me that I am a 60s flower child.  I am beginning to believe him.  Peace. 


We are planning to return to Manitou to eat at some of the other historic restaurants there, such as
                                                                       the Cliff House
                                                                    and Briarhust Manor

(Briarhurst is reported to be haunted and has even been featured on Ghost Hunters).  I'll be sure to report any paranormal activity that we may experience there. 

Until next time, folks.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment